When someone says “horror classics”, we usually think “Mary Shelley” and “Bram Stoker”. Russian writers hardly ever come to mind. The Russians are known for history and drama, but not necessarily for suspense, paranormal and ghost stories. The following collection is proof that such pieces do, in fact, exist in Russian literature.
Unattainable wealth, unrequited love, unlimited power, a world found and lost, a walk along the boundary between dream and reality… All this and more is offered to you by the creative team behind Moonlit Tales of the Macabre. We are proud to bring you this collection of classics and hope it serves as a new portal into the fascinating and largely unexplored world of Russian literature.
This collection includes the following works:
- The Queen of Spades by Alexander Pushkin
- Count Cagliostro by Alexei Tolstoy
- The Star of Solomon by Alexander Kuprin
- Moonlight by Alexander Grin
- May Night or the Drowned Maiden by Nikolai Gogol